Springfield Camera Club© All rights reserved
During the course of the year we have a varied programme which includes:
* Print and projected image competitions * Annual trophy competitions
* Talks and shows by guest speakers * Talks and Audio Visual shows by club members
* Tutorials and practical sessions * Improvement forums and demonstrations
* Evenings photographing local villages * Fun competitions which provide an excuse to enjoy less formal images
* Challenges and competitions to encourage us to photograph Essex each summer
The Club season includes a very wide range of activities related to photography. There are several themed competitions held throughout the year that members can enter. Many are assessed by experienced judges who provide a valuable insight into the qualities required to excel in photography. These are described in detail later in this handbook.
Illustrated lectures throughout the season cover many aspects of photography from composition and techniques to travelogues and other photogenic subjects. These also give an opportunity for members to see the individual and personal approach of different photographers. A number of members enjoy presenting their work to the club and this is actively encouraged.
Some of the most important features of the Club programme are the inter-club competitions where our best club competition entries are put forward to be judged against other local clubs. Members are encouraged to attend away activities whenever possible. Meeting with other clubs' members can be extremely useful and enjoyable, both in making helpful contacts and in seeing new approaches and ideas.